Thinking of applying for an ACS Skill Assessment, but unsure about the overall process and ACS requirements? You've come to the right place as we will be discussing the ACS migration skill assessment documents checklist and more.
What Is ACS?
The ACS (Australian Computer Society) is the authorized assessing authority that conducts skill assessments for skilled migration to Australia. One of their roles is to evaluate the skills and qualifications of ICT professionals considering the fact that they intend to move to Australia to work in the Information and Communications Technology sector.
This is an important mission in Australia's national interest which is designed to increase the skilled workforce in Australia in areas of shortage in their labor market with talent visas, to ensure continued economic growth and prosperity of the nation.
We will be discussing the checklists for the ACS Migration Skill Assessment. You should fulfill all the points mentioned in this article.
Things To Know Before Applying for ACS Skill Assessment
- Have a proper understanding of your visa requirements. If you have any confusion, consult a registered migration agent. You can research your visa options on the Department of Home Affairs website.
- Read and understand the ACS requirements as mentioned in the skill assessment guidelines and the summary of criteria.
- Identify the correct skill assessment application type and requirements for your skills and experience.
- If you have submitted your ACS skill assessment previously, then you need to log in to that previous account before assessment of the application.
Checklist for Translation of Documents
You must submit a document written entirely in English. If the document is written in a language other than English, an accredited English translation must be included. Both your original and translated documents must be submitted together.
Document translation within Australia:
- Translations are accepted if they are NAATI (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters) accredited within Australia.
Checklist of Personal Documents for ACS Skill Assessment
- A clear color scan of the identification page of your passport.
- Two clear color scans of birth certificate documents with your photograph.
- Your Resume / Curriculum Vitae.
- If you have ever changed your name, then you need a clear color scan of evidence of a change of name.
- If you have requested a priority request application, then you need the evidence of the document for that as well.
- If you appoint an agent to an existing application, then you need the migration agent authorization form.
Checklist of Qualification Documents for ACS Skill Assessment
- Proper scan of your academic transcript. Also, include a clear color scan of your certificate or a course completion letter for Australian qualification.
Include the following information in your qualification document:
- Title of Degree or award.
- Name of University or awarding Institution.
- Date of the degree when it was completed.
- Unit or subject names and grades achieved.
- If the qualification has been completed through research or a project, then you need to provide the supporting endorsement letter from the thesis/research supervisor.
- If you have completed the ACS professional year program, then you need a completion letter and transcript for it.
Checklist of Work Experience Documents for ACS Skill Assessment
- Provide a clear color scan of your work preferences on the company letterhead.
- Your work preferences/employment references should contain:
- Start and finish date of your employment. The date format should be in DD/MM/YYYY format. If you are currently working for a company, then you have to set the finish date to “CURRENT”.
- Your position title
- Description of duties performed
- Mention, whether you worked part-time or full-time, along with hours, worked per week
- Name of the country where you were employed
- Phone number and official email address. Do not include personal email and address.
For Third-party Statutory Declarations
You, the applicant, should not write the Statutory declarations or Affidavit but it is to be done by a third-party work colleague at a managerial level. The work colleague needs to describe their working relationship with you and the details of her duties performed with the relevant dates of employment.
The documents should properly state that it was “Signed Before” or “Witnessed Before” by the authorized witness, along with the relevant date and place when the declaration took place.
As proof of their professional relationship with the applicant, the declaration must include at least one of the following:
- Employment certificate/statement of service
- If you are no longer working at the same company, then the leaving certificate is required.
- If your employer didn’t provide an employment reference letter, then an explanation is needed as to “Why was it not provided?”.
- If you are applying under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application pathway then, you need the ACS RPL Form..
Checklist for the Payment Evidence
Payment evidence must comprise at least two different types of documentary evidence, with both sources confirming payment at the start and end (or most recent if still employed) of each employment episode claimed in the application.
- Official tax records from the government
- Paystubs with your name and the name of your employer
- Bank statement with your name and the name of your employer
- Employment-related insurance
What if You Have No Work Reference Letter?
ACS accepts statutory declaration or an affidavit in this case. You must explain why an employment reference letter is not available.
Why hire us for ACS skill assessments?
Keep in mind that there can be more documents that are required apart from those mentioned above. We at CDR Writer Australia have an ACS professional team of computer engineers and IT professionals who have a record of delivering exceptional results with ACS Skill Assessments till date. We will assure you that we can deliver plagiarism-free, top-notch, and unique ACS RPL reports at exceptionally competitive rates. Considering our several years of experience in this field, we will assure you of a 100% positive skill assessment from the Australian Computer Society. We also provide other services such as CDR report writing, KA02 report writing, summary statements, career episodes, CDR review service, and more.