Get Your Australian PR Visa Through Australian Skilled Migration
Everyone keeps talking about this Australian PR. But, what is an Australian PR Visa? Are you eligible for the PR through Australian skilled migration? Curious about the cost it might take? You're at the right place if you're looking for all the details and answers to your questions. Please read the article below for more.
What is an Australian PR Visa?
Australia has long been a popular destination for people looking to migrate. The country has advantages, such as a booming economy, which means more job opportunities. Australia promises a higher standard of living and a multicultural society that is peaceful.
PR stands for “Permanent Residence”. Australia offers PR to people who are not citizens of Australia. After a total of 5 years, your visa will expire automatically. Then you can apply and be granted for:
- Resident Return Visa - if you wish to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident
- Australian Citizenship - if you wish to travel as an Australian citizen
It is important to remember that you do not have the freedom or the right to vote in state/territory or federal elections. Your PR can be canceled if you are judged guilty of a criminal offense too. This will lead to your visa being invalid, and you are no longer allowed to settle and work in Australia. The Australian Department of Home Affairs will review your application very carefully.
Unlike Australian citizens, Australian PR holders are not allowed to:
- Have an Australian passport
- Vote in Australian elections
- Access student loans
- Join Australian Defence Force
- Work in the Australian Government
Requirement For Permanent Residency In Australia For Australian Skilled Migration
It's not like you can just ask and get a PR (Permanent Residency Visa). There are certain minimum requirements and nomination criteria that include much more information and documents than just passport documents. Do your research properly. Each category has separate requirements. It is necessary to find the right visa for you. You also need to ensure that your documents are well managed as it will be reviewed by the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
But, for now, the following are the key requirements:
- You should be under the age of 45.
- You must excel in the English Language. One of the common ways is through the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) result. Score more than 7 points to qualify for an Australian Permanent Residency Visa.
- You must have the skill assessment documents. It is necessary to determine a visa applicant's level of skill in a certain sector. We CDR Writer Australia will guide you through their positive skill assessment.
Select the suitable Visa type. In Australia, there are various categories of Australian Permanent Residency Visas. Choose what best fits your profession and the requirements. The following are the most popular categories:
- Subclass 190 - State Nominated PR Visa
- Subclass 189 - Non-Sponsored Visa
- Subclass 186 - Employer Nominated Visa
- Choose a profession from the Skilled Occupation list. After deciding on a certain PR Visa type, an applicant must select a vocation from the nominated Skilled Occupation List.
- Apply through the Point-Based System. Submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) in the Australian Skill Select System online. The points requirements score is at least 65 points under the Point's Grid. The bigger the number of points, the better the chances of receiving an invitation to apply for an Australian Permanent Residency Visas that will allow you to live in Australia.
- Keep your medical status in check. You should be physically and mentally fit to work and settle in Australia.
Benefits of Having an Australian PR Visa
After acquiring an Australian PR Visa, a skilled migrant can enjoy many benefits that the Australian Government can provide you to live in Australia. Some of them are mentioned below:
- You can freely move in and out of Australia. It means that you are allowed to travel anywhere in Australia and not just that, you can travel to other countries as well.
- You have the complete freedom to choose whatever course you want to study
- You can apply for Australian citizenship
- You can sponsor a family member's visa provided they meet specific requirements, which can be temporary or permanent
- You can take advantage of the benefits of the Australian Government's health insurance
- You have complete freedom to work for any employer, including the government
- The offspring of an Australian citizen or permanent resident is automatically granted Australian citizenship at birth. Up to a certain age, children are entitled to free schooling.
- You may also be eligible for some social security benefits
- You are free to travel to New Zealand and even apply for a visa there
- Buy residential property
- Freedom to work
How to Increase Chances for Skilled Migration PR In Australia?
Australian PR is applied through the point-based system. The minimum point required is 65. Increase that point to increase your chances of obtaining a PR, especially in the Australian skilled migration cases. Let's read some of them which are listed below.
Improve your English Language skills:
Scoring high on the IELTS exam can provide you with higher points. If a score of 7 gives you 10 points then a score of 8 will give you 20 points.
If your age is 45+, then you will get 0 points. Those who are between 25 and 32 will get the highest point of 30.
International students who complete a course relating to an Australian Skilled Occupation List occupation have a better chance of getting permanent residency. After completing two years of study at a recognized Australian university, you can apply for an Australian post-study work visa. Depending on the educational qualification, this visa allows students to work and live in Australia for two to four years.
Live in Australia:
Apply for the Visa Subclass 485 after successfully finishing your education in Australia. This stream allows you to work in Australia for 18 months. During this time, you can practice your English and gain essential professional experience. Work experience will help you earn more points on the GSM point grid.
Get valuable work experience:
Your work experience, with the related skill occupation, can help you obtain additional points. Work experience from both inside and outside Australia can both be counted. One year of work can award you with 5 points. The maximum points you can attain from work experience is 20 points.
Complete a Professional Year Programme (PYP):
Complete a Professional Year Programme (PYP). PYP stands for Professional Youth Program, which combines education and work experience. Those who finish the program successfully earn not just Australian job experience, but also an additional five points.
State or Territory Government Nomination:
You can get five points if you are nominated for Visa Subclass 190 by a state or territory administration. Regional PR applications are getting increasingly popular. Students who completed a 2-year study requirement in a regional location in Australia are eligible for an additional 5 points.
Keep Yourself Updated:
In Australia, immigration laws are continually changing. Overall, it is critical to stay current with immigration changes to give oneself the best opportunity of obtaining permanent residency in Australia. Calculate your PR points here.
How Long Does It Take To Process An Australian PR Visa?
It usually takes from 6 to 8 months to process your PR. PR processing is divided into various stages. The following is a rough estimate of the time required for general skilled migration:
Skill Assessment aids in the selection of immigrants with the necessary qualities to come to Australia. So, you need to get your education and work experience assessed. The assessment will take approximately 45-60 days to complete.
Expression of Interest (EOI):
TThe length of time it takes for your EOI to be processed is entirely determined by your eligibility score. This stage does not have a set timeline. This stage is called skill selection, where the visa applicant must submit the application online. The higher your score, the more likely you are to be invited to apply.
Character Medical Certificates:
It may take some time to process these documents. As a result, as soon as you receive the invitation to apply, make every effort to obtain these credentials so that your visa approval submission is not delayed.
The Australian Department of Home Affairs will thoroughly review your profile once you've provided all of the appropriate documentation. They will issue you the visa if they are happy with your profile. This procedure could take three to five months.
Preparation for Departure:
Once your visa is approved, you must make your first entry into Australia on the date specified on your visa grant letter.
Factors Affecting the Processing Time of Australian PR Visa
- Submission of incorrect applications will increase the processing time. Correct and complete documents will help lower the processing time.
- When the immigration officer asks any query, you should answer as quickly as possible.
- The occupation of the applicant and its demand in Australia. If the demand of your occupation in Australia is high, then you will have comparatively faster processing time.
- Once again, your points in the skill selection online system come into factor. Inadequate points will affect your processing time negatively.
- Time is taken by the office in the background verification process. Verification is a time consuming process. This one is not really under our control.
- It takes time to get information regarding health or character from external agencies.
- There are a limited number of slots available in the migration program. Expect a longer processing time if there aren't many available spots. So, pick your migrating program wisely.
Cost of Australian PR Visa
You may have observed that numerous stages and actions must be completed to obtain the PR. The cost varies depending on the country from which you apply. While it is difficult to provide a precise figure, the expense can range between 4000 and 7000 AUD. This price does not include the residence charge.
Applying for an Australian PR and, subsequently, citizenship is demanding and time consuming. There are a number of documents to be submitted, and to procure those documents is often herculean. However, obtaining their PR and citizenship is worth all the time and effort. The authorities responsible for assessing candidates scrutinize all the documents and are adept at pointing out mistakes or discrepancies in them. Since it can be challenging, you can hire us. We will give you invaluable insights and help you navigate through the process. With our services, you can avoid all the pitfalls, and create an immaculate application. Our professionals will show you the full picture. They point out where you fall on it, and how you can uplift your chances of residing in Australia with their PR and citizenship.