Skilled Migration to Australia with PR Visa
Everyone keeps talking about this Australian PR thing. But, what really is an Australian PR Visa? Are you eligible for the so-called skilled migration to Australia with PR? Curious about the cost it might take? If you want to have questions like this answered in brief then you are at the right place. We have done extensive research to help you understand these terms as much as possible. Please take your time and enjoy this article.
What is an Australian PR Visa?
PR stands for “Permanent Residence”. Australia offers PR Visas to people who are not citizens of Australia. Once you have acquired an Australian PR, you are usually granted a 5 years-travel facility of time where you can freely move in and out of Australia. For those 5 years you are like the “Permanent Residence” where you can work and settle in Australia. There are other benefits as well. After a total of 5 years your visa will expire automatically. Then you can apply and be granted for:
- Resident Return Visa - if you wish to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident
- Australian Citizenship - if you wish to travel as an Australian citizen.
Requirements for the Eligibility for Skilled Migration to Australian PR Visa
It's not like you can just ask and get a PR. There are certain minimum requirements and not just passport documents that need to be met to apply for PR. Do your research properly. Each category has separate requirements. It is necessary to find the right visa for you. But for now, following are the key requirements.
- You should be under the age of 45.
- You must be profound in the English Language. One of the common ways is through the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) result. Score more than 7 points to qualify to an Australian PR Visa
- You must have the skill assessment documents. It is necessary to determine an applicant's level of skill in a certain sector. We cdr writer Australia will guide you through positive skill assessment.
Select the suitable Visa. In Australia, there are various categories of PR visas.
Choose what best fits your profession and the necessary requirements. The following are the most popular categories:
- Subclass 190 – State Nominated PR Visa
- Subclass 189 – Non-sponsored visa
- Subclass 186 – Employer nominated visa
- Choose a profession from the Skilled Occupation list. After deciding on a certain PR visa, an applicant must select a vocation from the nominated Skilled Occupation List.
- Apply through the Point-Based System. Submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) in the Australian Skill Select System online. You must score at least 65 points under the Point’s Grid. The bigger the number of points, the better the chances of receiving an invitation to apply for a PR visa.
- Keep your medical status in check. You should be physically and morally fit to work and settle in Australia
Benefits of Having Australian PR Visa
After you acquire an Australia PR Visa, you can enjoy many benefits that the Australian Government can provide you. Some of them are mentioned below.
- You can freely move in and out of Australia. It means that you are allowed to travel anywhere in Australia and not just that, you can travel to other countries as well.
- You have the complete freedom to choose whatever course you want to study.
- Once the necessary criteria are completed, you are entitled to apply for Australian citizenship.
- You can sponsor a family member's visa provided they meet specific requirements, which can be temporary or permanent.
- You can take advantage of the benefits of the Australian Government's health insurance.
- You have complete freedom to work for any employer, including the government.
- The offspring of an Australian citizen or permanent resident are automatically granted Australian citizenship at birth. Up to a certain age, children are entitled to free schooling.
- You may also be eligible for some social security benefits.
- You are free to travel to New Zealand and even apply for a visa there.
How to Increase Chances for Skilled Migration PR In Australia?
Australian PR Visa is applied through the point-based system. The minimum points required is 65. Increase that point to increase your chances of obtaining an Australian PR Visa. Let’s read some of them which are listed below.
- Improve your English Language skills: Scoring high on the IELTS exam can provide you with higher points. If the score of 7 gives you 10 points then the score of 8 will give you 20 points.
- Age:If you are of age 45+ then you will unfortunately get 0 points. Those who are between 25 and 32 will get the highest point of 30.
- Educational Qualifications: International students who complete a course relating to an Australian Skilled Occupation List occupation have a better chance of getting permanent residency. After completing two years of study at a recognized Australian university, vocational institution, or college, you can apply for an Australian post-study work visa. Depending on their qualifications, this visa allows students to work and live in Australia for two to four years which is more than enough for extra points.
- Live in Australia: Apply for the Visa Subclass 485, often known as the Temporary Graduate Visa, after successfully finishing your education in Australia. The post-study work stream permits you to work in Australia for two to four years, while the graduate work stream allows you to work in Australia for up to 18 months. During this time, you can practice your English and gain essential professional experience. Work experience will help you earn more points on the GSM point grid.
- Get Valuable work experience: Your work experience with the related skill occupation can help you obtain additional points. Work experience from both inside or outside Australia can both be counted. One year of work can award you with 5 points. The maximum points you can attain from work experience is 20 points.
- Complete a Professional Year Programme (PYP): PYP stands for "Professional Youth Program," which combines education and work experience. Those who finish the program successfully earn not just Australian job experience, but also an additional five points. PYP is a twelve-month program that is currently available in subjects such as engineering, computer science, and accounting.
- State or Territory Government Nomination: You can get five points if you are nominated for Visa Subclass 190 by a state or territory administration. Regional PR applications are getting increasingly popular. Students who completed a 2-year study requirement in a regional location in Australia are eligible for an additional 5 points.
- Keep Yourself Updated: In Australia, immigration laws are continually changing. Overall, it is critical to stay current with immigration changes in order to give oneself the best opportunity of obtaining permanent residency in Australia. Calculate your PR points here.
How Much Time does it Take to Process an Australian PR Visa?
PR processing is divided into various stages. Each stage of the procedure takes a varied amount of time to complete. This is due to the fact that the stages are structured differently. The following is a rough estimate of the time required for general skilled migration.
- Skill Assessment: Skill Assessment aids in the selection of immigrants with the necessary qualities to come to Australia. So, you need to get your education and work experience assessed. A designated skill assessment authority performs this procedure. You will receive a faster answer from them if you submit your paperwork as soon as possible. The assessment will take approximately 45-60 days to complete.
- Expression of Interest (EOI): The length of time it takes for your EOI to be processed is entirely determined by your eligibility score. This stage does not have a set timeline. At this stage is called skill select where you must submit your application online. The higher your score, the more likely you are to be invited to apply.
- Character Medical Certificates: It may take some time to process these documents. As a result, as soon as you receive the invitation to apply, make every effort to obtain these credentials so that your visa approval submission is not delayed.
- Visa Approval: The Australian Department of Home Affairs will thoroughly review your profile once you've provided all of the appropriate documentation. They will issue you the visa if they are happy with your profile. This procedure could take three to five months.
- Preparation for Departure: Once your visa is approved, you must move/make your first entry into Australia on the date specified on your visa grant letter.
Factors Affecting the Processing Time of Australian PR Visa
You alone are not the only person who is submitting your documents. There are many other applicants that are applying for PR. Even if you submit all your documents properly, there are other applicants that could have sent incorrect documents. Factors like these can affect the processing time of PR Visa. Some of the other factors are listed below.
- Submitting incorrect applications will increase the processing time.
- The correctness and completeness of your documents. Documents with higher accuracy will help lower the processing time.
- When the immigration officer asks any query, you should answer as quickly as possible. Time taken to answer determines the processing speed.
- The occupation of the applicant and its demand in Australia. If the demand of your occupation in Australia is high, then you will have comparatively faster processing time.
- Once again, you points in skill select online system comes into factor. Inadequate points will affect your processing time negatively.
- Time is taken by the office in the background verification process. This one is not really under our control. Verification is a time consuming process.
- It takes time to get information regarding health or character from external agencies.
- There are a limited number of slots available in the migration program. Expect a longer processing time if there aren't many available spots. So, pick your migrating program wisely.
Cost of Australian PR Visa
You may have observed that there are numerous stages and actions that must be completed in order to obtain the PR. The cost of each stage varies according to its intricacy. The cost also varies depending on the country from which you apply. While it is difficult to provide a precise figure, the expense can range between 4000 and 7000 AUD. This price does not include the residence charge. That is determined by where you stay and the level of elegance of the house/apartment. So, plan properly before you move.
Please keep in mind that we are not liable for the veracity of the information we have supplied. This is an article that we wrote after conducting significant study. The procedure can evolve over time. Processing time, acceptance rate, cost, and other aspects may change depending on the process change. As of March 2022, this was mainly the bare minimum of information we could give you. If you want more reliable information, you should conduct additional study on each of the topics individually. It is difficult to give you everything all at once. Consult with a number of experts. They are far more knowledgeable than we are.That being said, I hope this post helped you understand what an Australian PR Visa is and answered any additional questions you may have had.