Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476 Visa)

Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476 Visa)

If you are an Australian graduate looking to remain in the country, there are many options available. A student visa will not provide permanent residency, however, a 476 work visa can be applied for. The Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa is a type of work visa that engineering graduates may be eligible to apply for.

What is a Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa?

The Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476) Australia is a visa that allows recent international graduates from various recognized overseas higher education institutions to work, gain professional experience, and apply for Skilled Migration to Australia with PR Visa. This visa is designed to attract qualified young professionals to Australia who have the skills and qualifications to contribute to the economy. The visa requires applicants to have completed at least two years of study in the last six years and meet the minimum English language requirements.

Benefits of Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa?

  • The Visa gives you the benefit of being able to live, study and work in Australia for up to 18 months.
  • You can visit Australia regularly whilst the visa is valid, and apply for permanent residency if you meet the criteria.

Documents for Subclass 476 Visa

  • A valid passport with at least 6 months validity.
  • Certified copies of birth certificates, marriage certificates, or other evidence of any name changes.
  • Evidence of English language proficiency.
  • Evidence of sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in Australia.
  • Evidence of health insurance in Australia.
  • Evidence of ties to your home country such as work contracts, letters from current employers, and bank statements.
  • Evidence of links to the sponsoring relative such as previous visits, records of contact, and written statements.
  • Proof of sponsorship from the eligible relative such as a Form 40CA and character documents (police checks).

If you are applying for the 476 Visa, you can do so regardless of whether you are in or outside Australia. You will need to create an online account on the official website to submit your application along with the necessary documents and application fee. It is important to remember to pay the fee before submitting your application, as the Australian government will not process it without the payment.

If you are applying with family members, each individual will be required to pay the processing fee and attach documents that apply to them. Once you have sent in your application, the Australian government will advise you in writing if they have received it. They may also ask for additional information. Do not make any travel plans until you have gotten approval for the 476 Visa. You may also be asked to provide biometric information.

Lastly, when a decision on your visa application is made, you need to be outside Australia. If your visa is granted, the Australian government will notify you of the visa grant number, the date your visa starts, and your current visa situation.

Eligibility for Subclass 476 Visa

If you are under the age of 31 and have a qualification from a specified educational institution, you may be eligible to apply for a 476 Visa in Australia. Additionally, you must not have previously held a 476 Visa Australia or 485 Visa Australia and all family members (if applicable) must meet the minimum health and character requirements. You and/or any family members must also meet the minimum language proficiency level in IELTS/TOEFL/PTE (unless applicable for immigrants with a valid passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, New Zealand, Canada, or Ireland). Additionally, you must sign the Australian Value Statement confirming that you will respect the Australian way of life and obey its laws as well as ensuring any monies owed to the Australian Government have been paid back or repayment arrangements have been made. You can then apply for Top Engineering Jobs in Australia.

English Requirements for the 476 Visa

Test Points
IELTS 6 points at least with a minimum of 5
TOEFL 64 points in total with minimum points for each test area:
Listening: 4
Reading: 4
Writing: 14
Speaking: 14
PTE 50 points in total with minimum points of 36
OET B for each test component.
Cambridge C1 Advanced test 169 points in total with a minimum of 154 in each test area


  • Ensure you meet all the general visa eligibility requirements.
  • Meet the English language criteria, which can include any of the following: having passed an IELTS, PTE Academic, or CAE test; having completed a tertiary or secondary course; or having studied for five consecutive years in an eligible education provider.
  • Have a letter that is sponsored by an approved organization or a family member who is an Australian citizen, resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • Ensure you are under 50 years of age when you apply for the visa.
  • Provide evidence that you have sufficient financial means to support yourself during your stay in Australia.
  • Understand and comply with the Australian Government's health and character requirements.
  • Have adequate health insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia.

How Can We Help You?

For the past 14 years, our experienced team at CDR Writer Australia have helped thousands of people and their families achieve their goal of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa. They have the expertise to accurately assess each individual case and offer advice on the best route to pursue. We also provide services like CDR Report Writing, CE Writing, Summary Statement Writing, RPL Report Writing, KA02 Report Writing, CDR Report Review.

Yes, you can include close family members such as your spouse/partner, children (minor or adult dependents), and grandchildren. They may join you later after you have received your visa and are already in Australia.

Yes, you can travel with it as long as your visa is valid.

To stay longer in Australia after your 476 visa expires, you will need to apply for another permanent work visa. Depending on which visa you apply for, there may be certain conditions that you must meet. For example, you may need to gain a nomination from an Australian state or territory for a state-nominated visa. Be sure to have a bridging visa if your 476 visa expires while the new visa is being processed.