The Australian Government regards Civil Engineer as one occupation required to develop the Australian economy. As a result, the processing of Civil Engineer nominations and visa applications would take precedence. If you are a Civil Engineer looking to move to Australia and advance your career, now is the time to plan.

Options for Qualified Civil Engineers in Australia.

Civil engineers can apply for a variety of visas to work or live in Australia, including:

  1. 482 Temporary Skill Shortage.
  2. 186 Employer Nomination Scheme Visa.
  3. 494 Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional Visa.
  4. 407 Training Visa.
  5. 485 Temporary Graduate.
  6. 189 Skilled Independent Visa.
  7. 190 Skilled Nominated Visa.
  8. 491 Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa.

Subclass 491 of the Skilled Regional Provisional Visa and Subclass 190 of the Skilled Nominated Visa

The most realistic choices for Civil Engineers in the General Skilled Migration program are subclass 190 Skilled Nominated visa and subclass 491 Skilled Regional (provisional) visa. The typical method is:

  1. Seek professional migration advice about your eligibility for an Australian visa and your next steps.
  2. Get an excellent English test score to back up your visa application.
  3. Get a positive Skills Assessment result for the specified occupation.
  4. Send an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect.
  5. Getting a State Nomination by submitting a Registration of Interest (ROI) and a well-written state nomination application.
  6. You must submit your visa application within 60 days of your state nomination approval.

Civil engineer skill assessment (ANZSCO code: 233211)

You must gain a skills assessment as a Civil Engineer, ANZSCO-233211, to apply for a permanent residency visa or provisional skilled visas through a general skilled migration program. Engineers Australia can help engineers with skill assessments (EA).

Their primary responsibility is to design, plan, organize, and supervise the development of civil engineering and infrastructure projects. Civil engineering entails maths, materials, Mechanics, and physics, but it also entails teamwork and creative problem-solving to tackle unique engineering issues.

What is the distinction between Visas 189 and 190?

This is one of the most often asked questions among those considering relocating to Australia. The key distinction is that a Skilled Independent Visa (189) does not require sponsorship, whereas a Skilled Nominated Visa (190) requires that the applicant be "sponsored" by a state or territory.

Those who are granted a "sponsored" visa have particular responsibilities about where they live that those who are granted an "independent" visa do not.

The following are the requirements for a Skilled Nominated Visa:

  • Obtaining a nomination from a state or territory in Australia. This entails submitting a separate application to the state/territory and complying with their specific procedures.
  • After receiving clearance, you must relocate to your chosen state or territory within 6 months of arriving in Australia.
  • For at least two years, you must live and work in the state or territory you have chosen.

The following are the other two distinctions between the Skilled Independent Visa (189) and the Skilled Nominated Visa (190):

  • The Combined List of Eligible Skilled Occupations must be used to nominate occupations for a 190 visa. The vocation for a 189 visa, on the other hand, must be selected from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List ('MLTSSL').
  • If you have a 190 visa, you can get an extra 5 points towards your points test elements if you don't reach the requirement.

For Australia's Skills migration, there are six potential assessment pathways:

Accredited Qualifications
  1. Australian Qualification Pathway
  2. Washington Accord Pathway
  3. Sydney Accord Pathway
  4. Dublin Accord Pathway
  5. Other Recognised Qualifications
Non-Accredited Qualifications
  1. Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) Pathway
  2. The particular assessment path is determined by the country where you received your engineering qualification. If your qualification is not accredited or originates from a country not on the Accord list, don't fret; you may apply for a Skills Assessment via the Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) Pathway, albeit this approach will take more effort and time to prepare for your assessment application.

Engineers Australia requires a range of supporting documentation for a skills assessment. However, the following are some of the most common:

  1. Passport-type photograph
  2. A major form of identity (such as a passport or birth certificate) is necessary.
  3. Name Change Form (if you have ever been known or used another name).
  4. CV/Resume.
  5. Engineers Australia accepts General or Academic version IELTS test scores, TOEFL iBT results, and PTE Academic Test results as proof of English Language Competency. You are normally free if you are an Australian engineering graduate or have validated qualifications from signatory countries where English is the national language. For more information, please consult the MSA Booklet.
  6. Qualifications in education (academic transcripts and completion letters for Australian and international qualifications).
  7. Registration Documentation (if the registration or licensing is mandatory in the country you currently practice).

After they complete your skills testing, EA will email you an Assessment Outcome Letter. If the outcome is favorable, you can submit your SkillSelect (EOI) and begin the processes required to be considered for State Nomination.

Why choose CDRWriterAustralia?

CDR Writer Australia offers CDR reports to engineers looking to relocate to Australia. Our expert professionals offer services like career episodes, summary statements, CV writing and assessment, and CDP writing.