Multimedia Specialist creates and manipulates computer animation, audio, video and graphic image files into multimedia programs to produce data and content for CD-ROMs, information kiosks, multimedia presentations, websites, mobile telephone resources, electronic gaming environments, e-commerce & e-security solutions, and entertainment & education products.
|Major Group||2 - Professionals|
|Sub-Major Group||26 - ICT Professionals|
|Minor Group||261 - Business and Systems Analysts and Programmers|
|Unit Group||2612 - Multimedia Specialists and Web Developers|
|Weekly Earnings||AUD 1,596|
|Work full-time hours||81%|
|Growth expected in the next 5 years||Very Strong|
|Gender share||16% Female, 84% Male|
|Average full-time||43 Hours|
|Skill level rating||Very high skill|
|Average Age||Males: 31.1|
- Multimedia Developer
- Multimedia Programmer
- Electronic Game Developer
Skill Priority in 2023
The Skills Priority List (SPL) offers an elaborate perspective on professions experiencing a shortage at a national level and within individual states and territories in Australia. Additionally, the SPL provides insight into the projected demand for various occupations in the future.
- S: Shortage
- NS: No Shortage
- M: Metropolitan Shortage
- R: Regional Shortage
Multimedia Specialist 261211
Occupation List Information
|Occupation on the Skill list||Occupation not on the Skill List|
|Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)||Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)|
|Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
Unit Group: 2612 MULTIMEDIA SPECIALISTS AND WEB DEVELOPERS
Occupations in Unit Group 2612
- - Multimedia Specialist 261211
- - Web Developer 261212
Unit Group 2612 includes two ACS ANZSCO occupations - Multimedia Specialist and Web Developer. Both occupations require excellent technical skills, creativity, and attention to detail. They work closely with clients or stakeholders to understand their requirements and deliver high-quality products that meet their needs.
Skill Level Requirement
Skill Level: 1
As a Skill Level 1 occupation according to ANZSCO Skill Level Classification, Multimedia Specialist ANZSCO 261211 requires a high level of technical expertise and creative skills to create multimedia content by combining audio, video, and graphic images into programs for use in various electronic media. They work closely with clients to understand their requirements and develop multimedia solutions that are engaging, interactive, and user-friendly.
Skills Assessment Authority
ACS(Australian Computer Society)
The Australian Computer Society(ACS) is a professional association and industry body whose primary goal is to promote and advance the use and application of ICT to benefit individuals, organisations, and society.
The details of the types of visa options for multimedia specialists are given below:
|ANZSCO||OCCUPATION||SKILLS ASSESSMENT||189||190||485||491 (STATE)||491 (FAMILY)||186 (DIRECT)||407 (TRAINING)||494 (REGIONAL SPONSORED)||482 (TSS MEDIUM TERM)|
Task to Perform for Multimedia Specialist
- Consulting with clients or stakeholders to understand their multimedia requirements
- Developing and implementing multimedia design concepts, including audio, video, and graphic images
- Creating and editing multimedia elements using various software tools
- Integrating multimedia elements into electronic media platforms, such as websites, CD-ROMs, kiosks, and mobile devices
- Conducting quality assurance testing to ensure multimedia products function properly
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to multimedia products
- Staying up-to-date with new technologies and trends in multimedia design and production.
- PROFESSIONAL, SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL SERVICES (39.3%)
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING (13.6%)
- INFORMATION MEDIA AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS (10.4%)
- ARTS AND RECREATION SERVICES (7.9%)
- OTHER INDUSTRIES (16.9%)
|English Language Test||Minimum Score|
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||Minimum Score of 6 (Learning, Reading, Writing), 7 in Speaking and 7 Overall|
|Occupational English Test (OET)||OET result with a Minimum Grade B in all sections|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||Minimum Score (Learning: 12, Reading: 13, Writing: 21, Speaking: 23 and Overall 93)|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic||Minimum Score of 50 (Learning, Reading, Writing), 65 in Speaking and 65 Overall|
- Australian Graduate exceptions may apply in some states/territories.
- Priority Skilled Lists may impose specific requirements in some states/territories.
- IELTS or OET exemptions apply to the UK, Canada, New Zealand, the US, and Ireland.
- English proficiency must meet licensing/registration criteria or a minimum IELTS/equivalent level, whichever is higher.
- Computer Graphics & Animation - (2D Computer graphics, 3D Computer graphics, 2D Animation, 3D Animation)
- Human-Computer Interaction - (Interface Design)
- Image and Media Data Manipulation - (Developing Interactive Media, Multimedia Authoring, Games Design)
- Operating Systems - (E.g. iOS, Android, Linux, Unix)
- Programming - (E.g. Internet Programming, C++, Java, Objective C, AS3, Games Programming)
- Web Systems Design - (Interactive System Design)
- WWW and the Internet - (Web Technologies, Web Engineering, XML and Web Services, Web Authoring, Web Applications Development, Multimedia & the Internet)
- Algorithm Design and Development
- Information Security
- Introduction to ICT - (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Mobile Devices
- Object Oriented System Design
- Object Oriented Systems Analysis
- Object-oriented Technologies
- Project – (if the project is a Multimedia / Web project)
- Requirements Gathering
- Software Engineering
- Systems Analysis
- Systems Design
- Testing Strategies and Methods
If you have questions or concerns about the Multimedia Designer ANZSCO 261211 profession, please contact us at CDR Writer Australia. Our team is dedicated to providing excellent support and information and is available 24/7 to assist you with any inquiry.