Systems Analyst evaluates processes and methods used in existing ICT systems to propose modifications, additional system components, or new systems to meet user requirements as specified in specifications and other documentation.
|Major Group: 2||Professionals|
|Sub-Major Group: 26||ICT Professionals|
|Minor Group: 261||Business and Systems Analysts and Programmers|
|Unit Group: 2611||ICT Business and Systems Analysts|
|Weekly Earnings||AUD 2,274|
|Work full-time hours||90%|
|Growth expected in the next 5 years||Very Strong|
|Gender share||26% Female, 74% male|
|Average full-time||42 Hours|
|Skill level rating||Very high skill|
|Average Age||Males: 39.8|
Skill Priority in 2023
The Skills Priority List (SPL) offers an elaborate perspective on professions experiencing a shortage at a national level and within individual states and territories in Australia. Additionally, the SPL provides insight into the projected demand for various occupations in the future.
- S: Shortage
- NS: No Shortage
- M: Metropolitan Shortage
- R: Regional Shortage
Systems Analyst 261112
Occupation List Information
|Occupation on the Skill list||Occupation not on the Skill List|
|Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)||Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)|
|Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
Unit Group: 2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts
Occupations in Unit Group
- - ICT Business Analyst 261111
- - Systems Analyst 261112
Unit Group 2611 is a classification that specifically belongs to a group of professionals known as ICT Business and System Analysts. This group of professionals plays a critical role in information and communications technology, and their expertise is highly sought after in various industries. The ACS ANZSCO is the standard classification system used to identify and categorise these professionals based on their skills, experience, and job responsibilities.
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics and Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Skill Level Requirement
Skill Level: 1
Jobs classified under this unit group in Australia and New Zealand generally necessitate a skill level commensurate with a bachelor's degree or more significant. When a formal degree is absent, a minimum of five years of relevant experience or vendor certification can be an alternative. Relevant experience, on-the-job training, and a formal qualification may be necessary.
Skills Assessment Authority
ACS (Australian Computer Society)
The Australian Computer Society (ACS) is a professional association and representative body for Australia's Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector. It was founded in 1966 and has since been actively involved in advancing the ICT industry in Australia.
|ANZSCO||OCCUPATION||SKILLS ASSESSMENT||189||190||485||491 (STATE)||491 (FAMILY)||186 (DIRECT)||407 (TRAINING)||494 (REGIONAL SPONSORED)||482 (TSS MEDIUM TERM)|
Task to Perform for System Analyst
- Collaborate with users to determine their system requirements, objectives, and constraints.
- Analyse business processes and systems to identify opportunities for improvement and automation.
- Develop and maintain system design and architecture documentation.
- Evaluate and select hardware, software, and other technologies to meet system requirements.
- Create and execute test plans to ensure system functionality and performance.
- Develop and implement system security measures and data backup procedures.
- Provide user training and support, and assist with system maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Manage project timelines and budgets, and communicate progress to stakeholders.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends related to systems analysis and design.
- PROFESSIONAL, SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL SERVICES (28.0%)
- FINANCIAL AND INSURANCE SERVICES (16.9%)
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY (15.4%)
- INFORMATION MEDIA AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS (6.0%)
- OTHER INDUSTRIES (32.2%)
|English Requirement||Minimum Scores|
|IELTS||6 (L, R, W), 7 speaking, 7 overall|
|OET||Grade B in all sections|
|TOEFL iBT||L:12, R:13, W:21, S:23, overall L93|
|PTE Academic||50 (L, R, W), 65 speaking, 65 overall|
- Australian Graduate exceptions may be available in certain states or territories.
- Some states or territories have specific requirements listed on their Priority Skilled Lists.
- Certain countries, including the UK, Canada, New Zealand, the US, and Ireland, are exempt from submitting English language proficiency test scores.
- Suppose licensing or registration requires a minimum English proficiency level. In that case, you must demonstrate that you meet this or a higher level if the minimum IELTS or equivalent score is higher.
- Business Information Systems
- Business Intelligence
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Business System Planning
- Enterprise Architecture – (Enterprise Resource Management, Emerging Technologies)
- Expert Systems
- Information System Management
- Information Systems, Management Information Systems
- Object-Oriented Systems Analysis and Design
- Requirements gathering
- Software Engineering
- Systems Analysis and Design
- System Development
- System Integration
- System Modelling
- User Requirements Definition
- Artificial Intelligence
- Automata Theory
- Computer Science
- Critical Path Method
- Database Design or Database Implementation
- Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object Oriented Database, RDBMS)
- File Processing
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Programming – (C, C++, Objective C, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, Java, Assembler, Cobol, Pascal, PL/1, Fortran, PHP, Pearl, AS3, FoxPro, and more)
- Project Management
- Quality Management – (Quality Assurance, Software Quality)
- Software Validation – (Software Testing, Testing strategies and methods)
- Web Engineering – (Web Design, Internet Engineering)
You can refer to our ACS ANZSCO Code Occupation List for information on other occupations for RPL.
If you have any inquiries or need further information, please don't hesitate to contact us at CDR Writer Australia. We would be more than happy to assist you.