Systems Administrator plans, develops, instals, troubleshoots, maintains and supports an operating system and associated server hardware, software and databases ensuring optimum system integrity, security, backup and performance.
Their primary goal is ensuring the organisation's computer systems and networks run efficiently and effectively.
|Major Group: 2||Professionals|
|Sub-Major Group: 26||ICT Professionals|
|Minor Group: 262||Database and Systems Administrators and ICT Security Specialists|
|Unit Group: 2621||Database and Systems Administrators and ICT Security Specialists|
|Weekly Earnings||AUD 1932|
|Work full-time hours||91%|
|Growth expected in the next 5 years||Very Strong|
|Gender share||16% Female, 84% Male|
|Average full-time||41 Hours|
|Skill level rating||very high skill|
|Average Age||Males: 40.0|
- - Systems Manager
Skill Priority in 2023
The Skills Priority List (SPL) offers an elaborate perspective on professions experiencing a shortage at a national level and within individual states and territories in Australia. Additionally, the SPL provides insight into the projected demand for various occupations in the future.
- S: Shortage
- NS: No Shortage
- M: Metropolitan Shortage
- R: Regional Shortage
Systems Administrator 262113
Occupation List Information
|Occupation on the Skill list||Occupation not on the Skill List|
|Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)||Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)|
|Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
Unit Group: 2621 DATABASE AND SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATORS, AND ICT SECURITY SPECIALISTS
Occupations in Unit Group 2621
- - Database Administrator 262111
- - ICT Security Specialist 262112
- - Systems Administrator 262113
Unit Group 2621 refers to Database and Systems Administrators and ICT Security Specialists. It includes professionals responsible for efficiently and effectively operating an organisation's computer systems and networks, ensuring data security, and managing databases. This group also includes individuals who assess an organisation's technology needs and implement suitable solutions, as well as those who provide technical support to end-users.
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics and Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Skill Level Requirement
Skill Level: 1
The skill level 1 requirements for a Systems Administrator (ACS ANZSCO Code: 262113) include a bachelor's degree in a related field and relevant work experience. This occupation involves planning, coordinating, and implementing the organisation's computer systems and network infrastructure to ensure optimal performance and security.
Skills Assessment Authority
ACS (Australian Computer Society)
The Australian Computer Society (ACS) is a professional organisation for information and communications technology (ICT) professionals in Australia. The organisation represents ICT professionals, provides professional development opportunities, and advocates for the profession.
|ANZSCO||OCCUPATION||SKILLS ASSESSMENT||189||190||485||491 (STATE)||491 (FAMILY)||186 (DIRECT)||407 (TRAINING)||494 (REGIONAL SPONSORED)||482 (TSS MEDIUM TERM)|
Task to Perform for Systems Administrator
- Installing, configuring and maintaining computer hardware, software, networks, and server systems
- Managing and monitoring system security and performance, and troubleshooting issues
- Creating and maintaining documentation on system configurations, policies, and procedures
- Managing user accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Conducting regular system backups and recovery processes
- Collaborating with other IT staff and departments to implement and maintain technology solutions
- Evaluating and recommending new technology solutions to improve system efficiency and performance
- PROFESSIONAL, SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL SERVICES (46.2%)
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING (11.0%)
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY(15.2%)
- FINANCIAL AND INSURANCE SERVICES(6.6%)
- OTHER INDUSTRIES (38.9%)
|English Requirement||Minimum Score|
|IELTS||6 (L, R, W)|
|TOEFL iBT (L, R, W, S, Overall)||12, 13, 21, 23, 93|
|PTE Academic (L, R, W, Speaking, Overall)||50, 65, 65|
- Australian Graduate exceptions exist in some states/territories.
- Priority Skilled Lists may have specific requirements in some states/territories.
- IELTS or OET are not required for certain countries, including the UK, Canada, New Zealand, the US, and Ireland.
- If compulsory licensing or registration is required, a certain level of English proficiency must be demonstrated, either meeting the licensing/registration criteria or a minimum IELTS (or equivalent) level, whichever is higher.
- Backup and Recovery
- Data Encryption
- Database design
- Database implementation
- Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object Oriented Database, RDBMS)
- Information Systems security
- Internet and the Web
- Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
- Server related hardware and software
- System Administration
- Systems Management
- Systems Programming
- Web security
- Client Server Technology
- Computer Networks
- Critical Path Method
- Data policy
- Data security
- Distributed Systems
- File Processing
- Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Project Management
- Quality management – (Quality Assurance, Software Quality)
- Testing strategies and methods
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your system administration needs, please don't hesitate to contact or expert RPL and CDR Writers anytime. We are dedicated to delivering reliable and timely assistance to help you. Our team is available 24/7 to provide you with the information and support you need.