Web Administrator designs, builds and maintains websites, and provides web technology solutions and services.
They manage, maintain, and update websites to ensure they are functional, user-friendly, and up-to-date.
|Major Group: 3||Technicians and Trades Workers|
|Sub-Major Group: 31||Engineering, ICT and Science Technicians|
|Minor Group: 313||ICT and Telecommunications Technicians|
|Unit Group: 3131||ICT Support Technicians|
|Weekly Earnings||AUD 1498|
|Work full time hours||70%|
|Growth expected in the next 5 years||Very Strong|
|Gender share||49% Female, 51% Male|
|Average full-time||42 Hours|
|Skill level rating||high Skill|
|Average Age||Males: 36.4|
- - Web Master
Skill Priority in 2023
The Skills Priority List (SPL) offers an elaborate perspective on professions experiencing a shortage at a national level and within individual states and territories in Australia. Additionally, the SPL provides insight into the projected demand for various occupations in the future.
- S: Shortage
- NS: No Shortage
- M: Metropolitan Shortage
- R: Regional Shortage
Web Administrator 313113
Occupation List Information
|Occupation on the Skill list||Occupation not on the Skill List|
|Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)||Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)|
|Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
Unit Group: 3131 ICT SUPPORT TECHNICIANS
Occupations in Unit Group 3131
- - Web Administrator 313113
Unit group 3131 includes professionals designing, developing, and maintaining websites and web applications as classified by ACS ANZSCO Code Occupation List. These professionals typically work in the information and communication technology (ICT) industry and may work for businesses, government agencies, or non-profit organisations. Occupations in this unit group include Web Administrators, Web Developers, and Web Programmers, among others.
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics and Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Skill Level Requirement
Skill Level: 2
To work in most jobs within this group in Australia, you need an Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2).
If you don't have these qualifications, you may still be able to work in the field if you have at least three years of relevant experience or a relevant vendor certification. Sometimes, you may need both experience and formal qualification.
Skills Assessment Authority
ACS (Australian Computer Society)
The ACS assesses the skills and qualifications of ICT professionals for migration and other purposes, provides professional development opportunities, and sets professional standards for the industry.
|ANZSCO||OCCUPATION||SKILLS ASSESSMENT||189||190||485||491 (STATE)||491 (FAMILY)||186 (DIRECT)||407 (TRAINING)||494 (REGIONAL SPONSORED)||482 (TSS MEDIUM TERM)|
Task to Perform for Web Administrator
- Installing, configuring, and updating web content management systems (CMS)
- Monitoring website traffic and performance to identify areas for improvement
- Collaborating with web developers and designers to implement new features and functionality
- Creating and managing website backups to ensure data security
- Troubleshooting website issues and providing technical support to users
- Ensuring website content is up-to-date, accurate, and accessible
- Implementing and maintaining web security measures to protect against cyber threats.
- PROFESSIONAL, SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL SERVICES (15.9%)
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY( 13.5)
- RETAIL TRADE(16.0)
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING(10.0%)
- OTHER INDUSTRIES (37.5%)
|English Requirement||Minimum Score|
|IELTS||6 (L, R, W)|
|TOEFL iBT (L, R, W, S, Overall)||12, 13, 21, 23, 93|
|PTE Academic (L, R, W, Speaking, Overall)||50, 65, 65|
- Some states/territories provide exemptions for Australian Graduates.
- Specific requirements may be included in the Priority Skilled Lists for some states/territories.
- UK, Canada, New Zealand, the US, and Ireland applicants are exempt from providing IELTS or OET.
- If licensing/registration necessitates English proficiency, the applicants must satisfy the requirements or have a minimum IELTS score.
- The required level of English proficiency for licensing/registration must be equal to or greater than the established criteria.
- Introduction to Networking
- Network administration
- Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
- Web administration
- Web Systems Design – (Interactive System Design)
- WWW and the Internet – (Web Technologies, Web Engineering, XML and Web Services, Web Authoring, Web Applications Development, Multimedia & the Internet)
- Database design
- Database implementation
- Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object Oriented Database)
- Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Mobile Devices
- Web programming – (PHP, Perl, HTML, ASP)
You can contact us at CDR Writers Australia with any queries regarding the Web Administrator profession. Our organisation offers a range of services to ICT professionals, including assessing skills and qualifications for migration to Australia. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals by providing accurate, reliable information and guidance.