Plans, develops, deploys, tests and optimises network and system services, taking responsibility for configuration management and overall operational readiness of network systems, especially environments with multiple operating systems and configurations, and provides troubleshooting and fault-finding services for network problems.
|Major Group: 2||Professionals|
|Sub-Major Group: 26||ICT Professionals|
|Minor Group: 263||ICT Network and Support Professionals|
|Unit Group: 2631||Computer Network Professionals|
- - Computer Network Engineer
- - Computer Systems Integrator
|Weekly Earnings||AUD 2021|
|Growth expected in the next 5 years||Very Strong|
|Gender share||7% Female, 93% Male|
|Average full-time||42 Hours|
|Skill level rating||high skill|
|Average Age||Males: 40.7|
Skill Priority in 2023
The Skills Priority List (SPL) offers an elaborate perspective on professions experiencing a shortage at a national level and within individual states and territories in Australia. Additionally, the SPL provides insight into the projected demand for various occupations in the future.
- S: Shortage
- NS: No Shortage
- M: Metropolitan Shortage
- R: Regional Shortage
Computer Network and Systems Engineer: 263111
Occupation List Information
|Occupation on the Skill list||Occupation not on the Skill List|
|Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)||Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)|
|Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
Unit Group: 2631 COMPUTER NETWORK PROFESSIONALS
Occupations in Unit Group 2631
- - Computer Network and Systems Engineer 263111
- - Network Administrator 263112
- - Network Analyst 263113
Unit Group 2631 in ACS ANZSCO Code Occupation List includes occupations related to COMPUTER NETWORK PROFESSIONALS. Their Responsibilities include researching and recommending network strategies, managing network hardware/software, optimising performance, and providing user support.
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics and Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Skill Level Requirement
Skill Level: 1
Indicative Skill Level 1 for Computer Network and System Engineer is the highest level of skill required for this occupation. To become a Computer Network Professional, you typically need a bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field. Relevant certifications, such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), can also help demonstrate your expertise. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as proficiency in network protocols and technologies, are essential for this role.
Skills Assessment Authority
ACS (Australian Computer Society)
The Australian Computer Society (ACS) is a professional association for Australia's ICT (Information and Communications Technology) sector. It was founded in 1966 and has since become the largest professional body in the ICT industry in Australia. The ACS provides a platform for ICT professionals to connect, learn, and share knowledge and advocates for the profession in areas such as education, public policy, and industry standards.
|ANZSCO||OCCUPATION||SKILLS ASSESSMENT||189||190||485||491 (STATE)||491 (FAMILY)||186 (DIRECT)||407 (TRAINING)||494 (REGIONAL SPONSORED)||482 (TSS MEDIUM TERM)|
|263111||Computer Network and Systems Engineer||ACS|
Task to Perform for Computer Network and Systems Engineer
- Designing and implementing network infrastructure, including LAN, WAN, and wireless networks.
- Managing network security, including firewalls, VPNs, and intrusion detection systems.
- Troubleshooting network and systems issues, including hardware and software problems.
- Developing disaster recovery plans and implementing backup solutions.
- Configuring and maintaining servers, including web, mail, and database servers.
- Managing network capacity and scalability to ensure the network can handle increased traffic and data loads.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in computer networking and systems.
- PROFESSIONAL, SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL SERVICES (26.0%)
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY(6.3%)
- FINANCIAL AND INSURANCE SERVICES(6.8%)
- OTHER INDUSTRIES (28.5%)
|English Requirement||Minimum Score|
|IELTS||6 (L, R, W)|
|TOEFL iBT (L, R, W, S, Overall)||12, 13, 21, 23, 93|
|PTE Academic (L, R, W, Speaking, Overall)||50, 65, 65|
- Some Australian states and territories have exceptions for graduates, while others have specific requirements for the Priority Skilled Lists.
- In certain countries, such as the UK, Canada, New Zealand, the US, and Ireland, IELTS or OET exams are not mandatory.
- However, for occupations that require compulsory licensing or registration, candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English proficiency that meets the licensing/registration criteria or a minimum IELTS (or equivalent) level, whichever is higher.
- Computer Communication
- Computer Network Design
- Computer Network management
- Computer Network programming
- Computer Network protocols
- Data communications – (WAN, LAN)
- Mobile technologies
- Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
- Wireless technologies – (Wireless Communication, Microwave Communication)
- Assembler Languages – (Assembler Programming)
- Client / Server related hardware and software
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Logic Design
- Computer organisation
- Digital and signal processing
- Digital circuits – (VLSI Design, Integrated Circuit Design)
- Digital technology
- Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Microwave technology
- Network Component technologies
- Network security
- Optical communication technology
- Peripherals and Interfacing
- Project Management
- Satellite communications
If you have any inquiries or doubts regarding your ANZSCO, please feel free to contact CDR Writer Australia anytime. Our team of experts is available 24/7 to provide you with the information and support you require. We are committed to delivering reliable and prompt assistance to help you achieve your objectives.