Network Administrator instals and maintains hardware and software, documents diagnosis and resolution of faults, manages user passwords, security and inventory documentation, ensures the efficient performance of servers, printers and personal computers, and attends to other operational tasks. May also perform tasks such as help desk support and user training.
|Major Group||2 - Professionals|
|Sub-Major Group||26 - ICT Professionals|
|Minor Group||263 - ICT Network and Support Professionals|
|Unit Group||2631 - Computer Network Professionals|
- - LAN Administrator
|Weekly Earnings||AUD 2021|
|Work full-time hours||89%|
|Growth expected in the next 5 years||Very Strong|
|Gender share||10% Female, 90% Male|
|Average full-time||42 Hours|
|Skill level rating||Very High Skill|
|Average Age||Males: 40.7|
- - Network Specialist
- - Network Support
Skill Priority in 2023
The Skills Priority List (SPL) offers an elaborate perspective on professions experiencing a shortage at a national level and within individual states and territories in Australia. Additionally, the SPL provides insight into the projected demand for various occupations in the future.
- S: Shortage
- NS: No Shortage
- R: Regional Shortage
Network Administrator 263112
|S||S||S||S||NS||NS||NS||NS||NS||At Economy-Wide Average|
Occupation List Information
|Occupation on the Skill list||Occupation not on the Skill List|
|Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)||Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)|
|Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
Unit Group: 2631 COMPUTER NETWORK PROFESSIONALS
Occupations in Unit Group 2631
- - Computer Network and Systems Engineer 263111
- - Network Administrator 263112
- - Network Analyst 263113
The unit group 2631 pertains to professionals in the field of computer network administration as specified by ACS ANZSCO. This group comprises individuals involved in planning, designing, monitoring, and administrating computer networks and systems within an organisation.
Skill Level Requirement
Skill Level: 1
A network administrator typically operates at ANZSCO Skill Level 1. They should possess a comprehensive understanding of computer networks, including protocols, architecture, and topologies. They should also be familiar with various network hardware and software, such as routers, switches, firewalls, and network management software. In addition, they should be skilled in troubleshooting and problem-solving, as well as communication and collaboration with other IT professionals and end-users.
Skills Assessment Authority
The ACS provides a platform for ICT professionals to connect, learn, and share knowledge and advocates for the profession in areas such as education, public policy, and industry standards.
Here are the details of the types of visa options for network administrators:
|ANZSCO||OCCUPATION||SKILLS ASSESSMENT||189||190||485||491 (STATE)||491 (FAMILY)||186 (DIRECT)||407 (TRAINING)||494 (REGIONAL SPONSORED)||482 (TSS MEDIUM TERM)|
Task to Perform for Network Administrator
- Installing and configuring computer networks and systems, including LANs, WANs, intranets, and extranets.
- Monitoring network performance and ensuring that the network is running smoothly.
- Troubleshooting network problems and resolving them as quickly as possible.
- Ensuring network security by implementing security measures such as firewalls, VPNs, and antivirus software.
- Upgrading network hardware and software when necessary to improve network performance.
- Maintaining network documentation and keeping it up to date.
- Training users on how to use the network effectively and securely.
- Collaborating with other IT professionals to ensure that the network meets the organisation's needs.
- PROFESSIONAL, SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL SERVICES (26.2%)
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY(10.1%)
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING( 16.6%)
- INFORMATION MEDIA AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS(11.9%)
- OTHER INDUSTRIES (32.6%)
|English Language Test||Minimum Score|
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||Minimum Score of 6 (Learning, Reading, Writing), 7 in Speaking and 7 Overall|
|Occupational English Test (OET)||OET result with a Minimum Grade B in all sections|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||Minimum Score (Learning: 12, Reading: 13, Writing: 21, Speaking: 23 and Overall 93)|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic||Minimum Score of 50 (Learning, Reading, Writing), 65 in Speaking and 65 Overall|
- Some Australian states and territories have exceptions for graduates
- Others have specific requirements for the Priority Skilled Lists.
- In certain countries, such as the UK, Canada, New Zealand, the US, and Ireland, IELTS or OET exams are not mandatory.
- For occupations that require compulsory licensing or registration, candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English proficiency
- Computer Communication
- Computer Network Design
- Computer Network management
- Computer Network programming
- Computer Network protocols
- Data communications – (WAN, LAN)
- Mobile technologies
- Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
- Wireless technologies – (Wireless Communication, Microwave Communication)
- Assembler Languages – (Assembler Programming)
- Client / Server related hardware and software
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Logic Design
- Computer organisation
- Digital and signal processing
- Digital circuits – (VLSI Design, Integrated Circuit Design)
- Digital technology
- Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Microwave technology
- Network Component technologies
- Network security
- Optical communication technology
- Peripherals and Interfacing
- Project Management
- Satellite communications
If you are unsure or have any questions regarding your ACS ANZSCO classification, feel free to contact us anytime. Our team of experienced professionals is available around the clock to provide you with the information and support you need. Whether you seek advice on your ANZSCO classification or need assistance with your visa application, we at CDR Writer Australia are here to guide you through every step.