Developer programmer interprets specifications, technical designs and flow charts, builds, maintains and modifies the code for software applications, constructs technical specifications from a business functional model, and tests and writes technical documentation.
|Major Group: 2||Professionals|
|Sub-Major Group: 26||ICT Professionals|
|Minor Group: 261||Business and Systems Analysts, and Programmers|
|Unit Group: 2613||Software and Applications Programmers|
- Communications Programmer (Systems)
- Database Developer
- Database Programmer (Systems)
- Network Programmer
- Software Developer
- Software Programmer
|Weekly Earnings||AUD 2003|
|Work full-time hours||88%|
|Growth expected in the next 5 years||Very Strong|
|Gender share||15% Female, 85% Male|
|Average full-time||41 Hours|
|Skill level rating||Very high skill|
|Average Age||Males: 36.9|
- - Applications Developer
- - ICT Developer
- - ICT Programmer
Skill Priority in 2023
The Skills Priority List (SPL) offers an elaborate perspective on professions experiencing a shortage at a national level and within individual states and territories in Australia. Additionally, the SPL provides insight into the projected demand for various occupations in the future.
- S: Shortage
- NS: No Shortage
- M: Metropolitan Shortage
- R: Regional Shortage
Developer Programmer 261312
Occupation List Information
|Occupation on the Skill list||Occupation not on the Skill List|
|Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)||Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)|
|Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
Unit Group: 2613 SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMERS
Occupations in Unit Group 2613
- - Analyst Programmer 261311
- - Developer Programmer 261312
- - Software Engineer 261313
- - Software Tester 261314
- - Software and Applications Programmer nec 261399
Unit Group 2613 includes various occupations related to software development and information technology as indicated in the ACS ANZSCO Code Occupation List.
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics and Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Skill Level Requirement
Skill Level: 1
The majority of occupations in this unit category require a level of expertise equivalent to a bachelor's degree or better. For the formal qualification, at least five years of relevant experience and/or equivalent vendor certification may be substituted. Relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification in some cases (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Skills Assessment Authority
ACS (Australian Computer Society)
The ACS's mission is to develop the ICT profession and the usage of technology in Australia. It offers chances for professional development, certification programs, networking events, and advocacy campaigns.
|ANZSCO||OCCUPATION||SKILLS ASSESSMENT||189||190||485||491 (STATE)||491 (FAMILY)||186 (DIRECT)||407 (TRAINING)||494 (REGIONAL SPONSORED)||482 (TSS MEDIUM TERM)|
Candidates for Developer Programmer can apply for any visa under the General Skilled Migration Program because this occupation is on the occupation skill list MLTSSL and is in high demand.
This occupation's visa also category covers
- Regional Skilled Nominated 489
- 489 Sponsored by Skilled Regional
Task to Perform for Developer Programmer
- Software program research, design, implementation, and management. New programs are being tested and evaluated.
- Identifying areas for improvement in existing programs and then developing these improvements.
- Writing and deploying effective code.
- Understand specifications, technical designs, and flow charts; create, maintain, and modify software code; create specifications from a functional business model; and test and write technical documentation.
- PROFESSIONAL, SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL SERVICES (53.2%)
- FINANCIAL AND INSURANCE SERVICES(10.2%)
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY (8.0%)
- INFORMATION MEDIA AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS(5.0%)
- OTHER INDUSTRIES (20.6%)
|English Requirement||Minimum Score|
|IELTS||6 (L, R, W)|
|TOEFL iBT (L, R, W, S, Overall)||12, 13, 21, 23, 93|
|PTE Academic (L, R, W, Speaking, Overall)||50, 65, 65|
- In some states/territories, exceptions for Australian graduates may apply.
- In some states/territories, Priority Skilled Lists may impose additional restrictions.
- Exemptions from IELTS or OET are available in the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the United States, and Ireland.
- English proficiency must meet licensing/registration criteria or an IELTS/equivalent level of at least 6.5, whichever is higher.
- Algorithm design and development
- Compilers – (Compiler Construction, Compiler Theory)
- Data structures
- Formal languages – (Formal Methods, Functional Programming)
- Object Oriented Programming
- Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
- Programming – (C, C++, Objective C, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, Java, Assembler, Cobol, Pascal, PL/1, Fortran, PHP, Pearl, AS3, FoxPro, and similar)
- Software Engineering
- Testing strategies and methods – (Software Testing)
- Artificial intelligence
- Automata theory
- Business Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Critical Path Method
- Database design or Database implementation
- Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object Oriented Database, RDBMS)
- Expert Systems
- File Processing
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Systems
- Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Management Information Systems
- Object Oriented System Design
- Object Oriented Systems Analysis
- Object oriented technologies
- Project Management
- Quality management – (Quality Assurance, Software Quality)
- Requirements gathering
- Software validation – (Software Testing)
- Structure of languages
- Systems Analysis or System Design
- Systems Programming
- User Requirements Definition
- Web Engineering – (Web Design, Internet Engineering)
If you have any questions or need assistance, our specialists at CDR Writer Australia are ready to assist. We provide professional advice and support to assist you in navigating any problems. You can reach us by phone, email, or through the contact form on our website.