This occupation group covers Software and Applications Programmers not elsewhere classified.
They are involved in developing, designing, testing, and maintaining various software applications "not elsewhere classified," indicating that this occupation includes a range of specialised roles not covered by other occupation codes.
|Major Group||2 - Professionals|
|Sub-Major Group||26 - ICT Professionals|
|Minor Group||261 - Business and Systems Analysts, and Programmers|
|Unit Group||2613 - Software and Applications Programmers|
|Weekly Earnings||AUD 2003|
|Work full-time hours||87%|
|Growth expected in the next 5 years||Very Strong|
|Gender share||30% Female, 70% Male|
|Average full-time||44 Hours|
|Skill level rating||Very high skill|
|Average Age||Males: 36.9|
Skill Priority in 2023
The Skills Priority List (SPL) offers an elaborate perspective on professions experiencing a shortage at a national level and within individual states and territories in Australia. Additionally, the SPL provides insight into the projected demand for various occupations in the future.
- S: Shortage
- NS: No Shortage
- R: Regional Shortage
Software and Applications Programmer nec 261399
|NS||NS||NS||NS||NS||NS||NS||NS||NS||At Economy-Wide Average|
Occupation List Information
|Occupation on the Skill list||Occupation not on the Skill List|
|Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)||Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)|
|Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
Unit Group: 2613 SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMERS
Occupations in Unit Group 2613
- - Analyst Programmer 261311
- - Developer Programmer 261312
- - Software Engineer 261313
- - Software Tester 261314
- - Software and Applications Programmer nec 261399
The ACS ANZSCO Unit Group 2613 refers to Software and Applications Programmers. This group includes professionals designing, developing, testing, and maintaining software applications. The group covers various job roles, including Software Engineers, Application Programmers, Web Developers, Database Programmers, and more. Professionals in this unit group typically work in IT, developing software applications for businesses, governments, and other organisations
Skill Level Requirement
Skill Level: 1
According to the ANZSCO Skill Level Classificaion system, Software and Applications Programmer (nec) 261399 is classified as a Skill Level 1 occupation. Skill Level 1 occupations require a bachelor's degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant work experience.
Skills Assessment Authority
The Australian Computer Society (ACS) is a professional association for Australia's information and communication technology (ICT) professionals. It is a not-for-profit organisation that represents the interests of its members and the ICT industry in general.
The details of the types of visa options for software and applications programmers nec are given below:
|ANZSCO||OCCUPATION||SKILLS ASSESSMENT||189||190||485||491 (STATE)||491 (FAMILY)||186 (DIRECT)||407 (TRAINING)||494 (REGIONAL SPONSORED)||482 (TSS MEDIUM TERM)|
|261399||Software and Applications Programmers Nec||ACS|
Skilled professionals in the Software and Applications Programmer occupation can apply for a Skilled Nominated 190 visa or a Skilled Regional Nominated 489 visa, available on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL). However, to qualify for a General Skilled Migration visa, candidates may need to apply for state sponsorship to be able to work in Australia. It's important to note that even though this occupation is listed on the STSOL, it doesn't guarantee job opportunities in Australia. The online assessment only lists domains currently in demand by a state or territory. Candidates may need to look for employer sponsorship if this occupation is not listed.
Task to Perform for Software and Applications Programmer nec
- Analysing user requirements and designing software solutions to meet their needs.
- Developing and writing code in programming languages such as Java, Python, or C++.
- Testing and debugging software to ensure it functions correctly and meets quality standards.
- Documenting software design, testing procedures, and user manuals.
- Collaborating with other programmers and technical specialists to develop software applications.
- Keeping up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development.
- PROFESSIONAL, SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL SERVICES (59.2%)
- FINANCIAL AND INSURANCE SERVICES (11.3%)
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY(6.4%)
- INFORMATION MEDIA AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS(3.9%)
- OTHER INDUSTRIES (19.1%)
|English Language Test||Minimum Score|
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||Minimum Score of 6 (Learning, Reading, Writing), 7 in Speaking and 7 Overall|
|Occupational English Test (OET)||OET result with a Minimum Grade B in all sections|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||Minimum Score (Learning: 12, Reading: 13, Writing: 21, Speaking: 23 and Overall 93)|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic||Minimum Score of 50 (Learning, Reading, Writing), 65 in Speaking and 65 Overall|
- Certain states/territories in Australia have graduate exceptions for work experience requirements in certain occupations for international graduates.
- Priority Skilled Lists may have specific requirements for sponsorship or nomination in certain states/territories.
- UK, Canada, New Zealand, US, and Ireland citizens may be exempt from IELTS or OET for English proficiency, but others must meet minimum level or licensing/registration criteria.
- It's crucial to check the specific requirements for your chosen occupation and state/territory before applying for a skilled migration visa.
- Algorithm design and development
- Data structures
- Formal languages
- Programming (application and/or system)
- Operating systems
- Software Engineering
- Testing strategies and methods
- Artificial intelligence
- Automata theory
- Business Information Systems
- Business Process Reengineering
- Computer Science
- Database design
- Database implementation
- Human Computer Interaction
- Introduction to BIS
- Introduction to ICT
- Management Information Systems
- Object oriented technologies
- Project Management
- Quality management
- Requirements gathering
- Software validation
- System Design
- Systems Analysis
- Web engineering
You can contact CDR Writer Australia with any queries regarding the Software and Applications Programmer occupation. Our organisation offers a range of services to ICT professionals, including assessing skills and qualifications for migration to Australia. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals by providing accurate and reliable information and guidance.