ICT Systems Test Engineer specifies, develops and writes test plans and test scripts, produces test cases, carries out regression testing, and uses automated test software applications to test the behaviour, functionality and integrity of systems, and documents the results of tests in defect reports and related documentation.
An ICT Systems Test Engineer is responsible for testing the functionality and performance of ICT systems, including hardware, software, and networks.
|Major Group: 2||Professionals|
|Sub-Major Group: 26||ICT Professionals|
|Minor Group: 263||ICT Network and Support Professionals|
|Unit Group: 2632||ICT Support and Test Engineers|
|Weekly Earnings||AUD 2019|
|Work full-time hours||88%|
|Growth expected in the next 5 years||Very Strong|
|Gender share||42% Female, 58% Male|
|Average full-time||40 Hours|
|Skill level rating||high Skill|
|Average Age||Males: 43.3|
- - Systems Tester
- - Test Analyst (ICT)
Skill Priority in 2023
The Skills Priority List (SPL) offers an elaborate perspective on professions experiencing a shortage at a national level and within individual states and territories in Australia. Additionally, the SPL provides insight into the projected demand for various occupations in the future.
- S: Shortage
- NS: No Shortage
- M: Metropolitan Shortage
- R: Regional Shortage
ICT Systems Test Engineer 263213
Occupation List Information
|Occupation on the Skill list||Occupation not on the Skill List|
|Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)||Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)|
|Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
Unit Group: 2632 ICT SUPPORT AND TEST ENGINEERS
Occupations in Unit Group 2632
- - ICT Quality Assurance Engineer 263211
- - ICT Support Engineer 263212
- - ICT Systems Test Engineer 263213
- - ICT Support and Test Engineers nec 263299
Professionals in this unit group play a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of IT systems, resolving issues, and ensuring that employees have access to the technology and support they need to do their jobs effectively. Occupations in this unit group include ICT Support Technicians, ICT Support and Test Engineers, and Systems Administrators, among others. These occupations typically require a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field and relevant work experience in ICT support and troubleshooting.
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics and Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Skill Level Requirement
Skill Level: 1
The ACS ANZSCO skill level for ICT Systems Test Engineer 263213 is 1, which means that it is considered a highly skilled occupation that requires a level of skill and knowledge equivalent to a bachelor's degree or higher. This skill and knowledge is typically acquired through a combination of formal education and relevant work experience in ICT systems testing. Applicants for this occupation may also be required to demonstrate their proficiency in English and meet other eligibility criteria, such as health and character requirements, depending on the visa or immigration program they are applying for.
Skills Assessment Authority
ACS (Australian Computer Society)
The ACS plays a key role in assessing the skills and qualifications of ICT professionals for migration and employment purposes. It is the assessing authority for a range of skilled migration.
|ANZSCO||OCCUPATION||SKILLS ASSESSMENT||189||190||485||491 (STATE)||491 (FAMILY)||186 (DIRECT)||407 (TRAINING)||494 (REGIONAL SPONSORED)||482 (TSS MEDIUM TERM)|
|263213||ICT Systems Test Engineer||ACS|
Task to Perform for ICT Systems Test Engineer
- Developing test plans and strategies for ICT systems
- Conducting testing on ICT systems, including hardware, software, and networks
- Identifying and resolving defects or issues that arise during testing
- Collaborating with other ICT professionals, such as software developers and systems administrators, to ensure the effective functioning of ICT systems
- Providing recommendations for improvements to ICT systems based on testing results
- Ensuring compliance with relevant industry standards and regulations
- Staying up-to-date with the latest developments and trends in ICT systems testing and incorporating new technologies and techniques into testing strategies as appropriate
- PROFESSIONAL, SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL SERVICES (28.7%)
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY( 17.1)
- FINANCIAL AND INSURANCE SERVICES (18.6)
- INFORMATION MEDIA AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS (7.8%)
- OTHER INDUSTRIES (25.4%)
|English Requirement||Minimum Score|
|IELTS||6 (L, R, W)|
|TOEFL iBT (L, R, W, S, Overall)||12, 13, 21, 23, 93|
|PTE Academic (L, R, W, Speaking, Overall)||50, 65, 65|
- Australian Graduates may be exempted from certain requirements in some states/territories.
- Priority Skilled Lists in some states/territories may have specific requirements.
- IELTS or OET is not required for UK, Canada, New Zealand, US, and Ireland applicants.
- If licensing/registration requires English proficiency, applicants must meet the criteria or have a minimum IELTS level.
- The required English level for licensing/registration must meet or exceed the specified criteria.
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Computer Audit
- ICT Security
- Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
- Quality management – (Quality Assurance, Software Quality)
- Risk Management
- Software Engineering
- Software validation – (Software Testing)
- Testing strategies and methods
- Computer forensics
- Computer Science
- Data communications – (WAN, LAN)
- Database design
- Database implementation
- Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object Oriented Database)
- Digital communication
- Information security – (Data security)
- Internet forensics
- Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Network architecture
- Programming – (C, C++, Objective C, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, Java, Assembler, Cobol, Pascal, PL/1, Fortran, PHP, Pearl, AS3, FoxPro, and similar)
- Software architecture
You can contact us at CDR Writer Australia if you have any questions about the ICT Systems Test Engineer occupation. Our company provides various services to ICT professionals, such as evaluating qualifications and skills for migration to Australia. We strive to assist our clients in achieving their objectives by providing dependable and precise advice and support.