RPL Australia: A Complete Guide
8 minute read
Publish date: 2023/12/5
What if we told you that your dream of working and thriving as an ICT professional in Australia can come true? Well, it is possible with an RPL for Australia. So, how to get started?
The first step is to be crystal clear on "What is ACS RPL and how to prepare it?" This article covers answers to all such ACS RPL-related questions. Let's dive in!
What is RPL Australia?
An RPL Australia is a document submitted to the Australian Computer Society (ACS). It is crucial for ICT practitioners who want to showcase their already existing skills, knowledge and experience to achieve a formal qualification. It is also needed to migrate to Australia as a skilled ICT professional.
The RPL Australia is required for the “Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)” application pathway, which is one of Four ACS pathways. It serves as the best pathway for ICT experts who do not hold formal ICT qualifications or qualifications with less or no ICT content. This is because RPL in Australia compensates for the absence of a candidate's academic qualifications.
Who needs an RPL for Australia?
- Individuals with experience in the ICT field applying for skilled Australian migration
- Individuals who have tertiary qualifications with no or minimal ICT content
- Individuals who lack tertiary qualifications recognised by the Australian government
- Individuals aiming for Australian recognition or certifications for their skills and experience in ICT sector
Benefits of RPL Australia
With RPL, you can reap numerous benefits, such as:
Demonstration of competence
It serves as a professional medium that showcases real-world experience – your past projects and achievements – as your ICT competence.
Save time and money
An RPL Report helps you skip the process of owning a college degree in your relevant ICT sector. You can simply avoid the burden of 'learning' the ICT skills and knowledge. Most importantly, by choosing this pathway, you can save thousands of dollars.
Skilled Migration to Australia
ICT professionals commonly use this report for ACS skills assessment for skilled migration to Australia. However, the visa options vary depending on your ICT occupation.
Check out the ACS ANZSCO CODE list to find your occupation and visa options.
Ensure Career Progression
Australia has an abundance of technologically driven companies and projects. Such availability of organisations and ventures can offer ICT individuals opportunities to work and grow. Hence, when applicants get their ACS RPL Australia positively assessed, they can move to Australia and start working. Further, they can leverage their experience and expertise for career growth in their chosen industry.
Eligibility Criteria: Who can Prepare RPL for Australia?
There are 2 major criteria to be eligible for the RPL pathway:
1. If your qualification is evaluated as an AQF Diploma or higher but lacks adequate ICT content, you will need:
- 6 years of relevant work experience
- Suitable RPL application
2. If you lack recognised tertiary educational qualification, you need to have:
- 8 years of relevant work experience
- Suitable RPL application
Format of RPL for Australia ACS
The report typically includes 2 Sections:
Section 1: Body of ICT Knowledge
Section 1 has two topics:
1) Professionalism as it applies in ICT
2) Core ICT Knowledge
Section 2: The Project Report Forms (In-depth ICT Knowledge)
When writing section 2 of RPL report, we include:
- Project Summary
- Business Opportunity or Problems
Check out RPL Report Format for a more detailed outlook.
Can I Prepare ACS RPL for Australia?
It can be intimidating to write this report. You may be overwhelmed by its requirements and guidelines.
In this situation, you have two options:
Research and learn
how to write ACS RPL Report
on your own. Here are some important tips you must
follow before starting to write the report by yourself.
- Find out your ACS ANZSCO code on the ACS website.
- Review ACS guidelines, report structure, and content to write. [For detailed information, read our article on ACS RPL Guidelines.]
- Collect evidence and documents required to claim your ICT skills.
- If you are low on confidence to write it, you can always approach RPL report writing agencies.
Why Choose ‘CDR Writer Australia’ as your Professional ACS RPL Writer?
CDR Writer Australia is a leading name when it comes to report writing services in Australia. With us, you can expect an error-free and impressive RPL Report which is bound to bring a positive outcome in ACS skill assessment.
Our RPL writers are just a call/text away, so feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding our RPL services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. ACS typically provides feedback if your RPL application is rejected. They will also state the possible reasons for ACS RPL Report Rejection. You can use this feedback to improve and reapply if needed.
If you do not want to face rejection and lose your money for the ACS RPL fee, you can always opt for affordable RPL review services.
You have to wait till the ACS processing time. After ACS assessors complete your RPL assessment, they update the ‘status’ in your ACS portal.