training visa subclass 407 visa australia

Training Visa Subclass 407 Visa Australia

You should be able to make use of all the benefits that come along with your skills in the occupation you are in, as well as the proper acknowledgement of the knowledge and expertise you have. To enhance all your skills, you’ve got this opportunity to migrate to Australia on a 407 visa. The Subclass 407 Training Visa is an excellent opportunity for you to undertake occupational training and skill development in Australia. This visa allows you to engage in a structured training program with approved Australian organisations, enhancing your professional skills and gaining valuable experience in your respective fields. Whether it's workplace-based training, research projects, or professional development activities, the Training 407 Visa Australia opens doors for you to immerse yourself in Australia's dynamic work environment and enrich your career prospects.

What is Subclass 407 Visa

The Subclass 407 Visa, also known as the Training Visa, is a temporary visa offered by the Australian Government that allows you to participate in a range of occupational training, research, or professional development activities in Australia. The visa is designed to enhance your professional skills in your current occupation, or area of tertiary study, or to enhance your expertise and gain valuable experience in your respective field.

The visa is not suitable for you if your sole purpose is to perform work in Australia but rather to engage in workplace-based training. The visa application process comprises three stages: sponsorship, nomination, and visa application. The duration of the 407 visa is up to two years. To sponsor you for a Training visa (subclass 407), your sponsor must be able to show they can directly provide training, unless they are a national Australian Commonwealth Government agency or have an exemption. The Subclass 407 Visa Australia facilitates international collaboration and fosters cultural exchange, making it an excellent pathway for you to expand your knowledge and skills while immersing yourself in Australia's diverse and vibrant learning environment.

407 Visa Requirements

The 407 visa requirements are as follows:

  • You must have a sponsor who is approved as a Temporary Activities Sponsor by the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
  • Unless your sponsor is an Australian Commonwealth Government agency, they must have nominated you to take part in an occupational training program.
  • You must be 18 years of age or older than that at the time of applying for the visa application.
  • If you are applying for the Subclass 407 Visa in Australia, you must currently hold a valid temporary substantive visa, excluding specific visa types like Subclass 403 and Subclass 771.
  • If you don't have a substantive visa, your last one must not have been the aforementioned visas, and you must apply within 28 days after it ceased or after receiving a decision from the Administrative Appeals Tribunal or the Minister regarding visa cancellation
  • Unless you are exempt, you must meet the requirements for character and health. Police and medical inspections are necessary for this.
  • You must need to have a valid and proper Health Insurance.
  • You must have at least competent English.

Visa Subclass 407 Document Checklist

The Visa 407 checklist is listed below:

  1. Passport and IDs: Up-to-date passport and identification documents, such as birth certificates, national ID card, driver’s licence, marriage certificates, divorce certificate, adoption papers, etc. A photograph and fingerprints may also be required.
  2. Invitation Letter: If you are supported by an Australian Commonwealth Government institution, you must provide a copy of your invitation letter.
  3. Sponsorship Proof: For sponsorship, you need to submit a letter of approval from your sponsor or a receipt showing the submission of the sponsorship application. A letter of approval from your sponsor’s nomination or a receipt for the nomination application is also necessary. Your sponsor must provide a written statement confirming their commitment to fulfilling obligations towards you and any family members included in your application.
  4. Volunteer Forms: If the training is a volunteer position, your sponsor needs to attach forms 1283 and 1284 with the nomination form.
  5. Health Insurance: You and any accompanying family members must have health insurance for Australia from a reliable provider.
  6. Qualification Documents: Submit copies of your resume and qualifications, including licences or registrations if applicable. A letter on company letterhead from your current employer detailing your position and responsibilities is also required.
  7. Evidence of English Language Proficiency: If English is not your first language, provide certificates from primary or secondary school from an English-speaking institution or a certificate from an accepted language proficiency test, such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, or CAE.
  8. Financial Funds Documents: Provide proof that you can financially support yourself and your family members (if any), including bank statements, a letter from your bank stating your financial situation, employment contracts, evidence of allowance, stipends, or accommodation from your sponsor, and a letter of support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (if applicable).
  9. Proof of Good Character: Submit documents to meet the character requirements for Australia.
  10. Assistance Documents: If you require help with your visa application, include the Authorised Recipient Form 956a, Migration Agent Help Form 956, and a written explanation uploaded to your ImmiAccount.
  11. Occupational Training Requirements: Provide a letter from the competent institution in your country confirming your selection as the receiver of the training. The letter should also state that the training is necessary for you to obtain a licence, registration, or membership to continue working within your occupation. Healthcare professionals treating patients during training need a letter indicating conditional registration.
  12. Australian Values Statement: Sign a declaration affirming your commitment to upholding all Australian laws and regulations and respecting Australian values.

If you are including your family members as dependents in your visa application for the Australia training visa (Subclass 407), you will need to submit additional documents for them. Here are the required documents:

For Partners:

  • Partner’s Identification: Provide identification documents for your partner.
  • Evidence of Registered Relationship: If applicable, submit evidence of a registered relationship recognized by an Australian State or Territory.
  • De-facto Relationship Proof: If you are in a de-facto relationship with your partner, provide documents to demonstrate that you have been in this relationship for at least a year before your visa application.

For Minors (Under 18):

  • Form 1229: Include Form 1229 for parental consent if you are travelling with a minor.
  • Statutory Declaration for Travel Consent: If Form 1229 is not filled in, provide a statutory declaration for travel consent.
  • Australian Court Order: If applicable, provide an Australian court order allowing the child to travel to Australia.
  • Proof of Legal Travel Permission: Submit evidence showing that the laws in your country allow the minor to travel.

For Children Over 18:

  • Identity Documents: Provide identification documents for children over 18.
  • Character Requirements: Submit documents to meet the character requirements.
  • Evidence of Relationship: If applicable, provide evidence of the relationship between you and the dependent child.
  • Form 47a: If the child is over 18 and dependent on you, include Form 47a.
  • Proof of Financial Dependence: Provide evidence of financial dependence on you or your partner.
  • Medical Form: Include a medical form stating that the child is unable to support themselves and is dependent on you or your partner.

Note: In some circumstances, you can bring a child over 23 years old if they are unable to provide for themselves due to cognitive limitations or similar circumstances, and they are dependent on you or your partner.

Training 407 Visa Application Process

To initiate the application process for the Australia Training visa 407, you will need to follow these steps:

Create an ImmiAccount

To submit your visa application online, you must first open an ImmiAccount. If you don't already have one, you can easily create a new account using your email and setting up a password. Rest assured, there are no charges for setting up an ImmiAccount.

Complete the Visa Form

Once your ImmiAccount is ready, access the visa form specifically designed for the Subclass 407 training visa. Ensure that you provide accurate and up-to-date personal information while filling out the form. After completing the form, sign it, and proceed to submit it. Once submitted, you can move forward with the next steps of the application.

Gather the Necessary Documents

For your online visa application, you will need to attach scanned coloured copies of all required documents. These copies should be identical to the original versions. To meet the Immigration Office's guidelines, ensure that your documents are in English and not in any other language. If necessary, arrange for translation services.

Attach Documents to your ImmiAccount

After preparing your documents, proceed to attach them to your ImmiAccount. Additionally, it is essential to retain copies of all the documents for your own records.

Pay the Application Fee

To have your visa application processed, you must pay the relevant application fee. You can conveniently make this payment through your ImmiAccount using various methods, including credit card, PayPal, union pay, or Bpay.

407 Visa Australia Processing Time

The processing time for the 407 visa Australia is as follows:

  • 25% of applications: 10 Days
  • 50% of applications: 19 Days
  • 75% of applications: 29 Days
  • 90% of applications: 49 Days

However, it may take a longer period of time for your visa application to be processed if:

  • If you don’t fill out your visa application properly
  • If you don’t include all the required documents along with your visa application
  • If you don’t pay the necessary application fee on time
  • If it takes more time for DHA to verify the information that you provided

Subclass 407 Visa Fees

The fees for the 407 Training visa Australia are as follows:

Primary Applicant

The primary applicant, along with all dependent family members, must pay a visa application charge of A$405 at the time of lodgement.

Additional Applicant (At least 18 years of age)

Any additional applicant who is 18 years of age or older, applying for the Training Subclass 407 Visa Australia, must also pay a visa application charge of A$405 upon lodgement.

Additional Applicant (Below 18 years of age)

For any additional applicant below the age of 18, lodging the Training visa 407 application, the visa application charge is A$105 at the time of lodgement.

Second Instalment Fee (Payable Before Visa Grant)

Some applicants may be required to pay a second instalment fee before a decision is made on their application. However, for the Training Subclass 407 Visa Australia, the secondary applicant does not have to pay any fee at the time of lodgement.

Subsequent Temporary Application Charge

If you are applying for the Training Subclass 407 visa onshore, there is no subsequent temporary application charge payable.


In conclusion, the 407 Training Visa is a dynamic opportunity for you if you are seeking to enhance your skills, knowledge, and experience within the Australian landscape. Whether you aim to advance your professional expertise or engage in research, cultural exchange, or occupational training, this visa paves the way for personal and career growth. In order to apply for Visa 407, you’ll have to fulfil some of the eligibility and document requirements though.

You also have to go through the training 407 visa application process for the subclass 407 visa. For the whole visa process, if you need any kind of professional assistance then you can contact the experts like CDR Writer Australia. Our professional team of field experts will assist you all the way through your visa application process.

Frequently Asked Questions

No, the 407 visa does not lead to Permanent Residency in Australia.

The Subclass 407 Visa Australia, also known as the Training Visa, is a temporary visa offered by the Australian Government that allows you to participate in a range of occupational training, research, or professional development activities in Australia. The visa is designed to enhance your professional skills in your current occupation, or area of tertiary study, or to enhance your expertise and gain valuable experience in your respective field.

Yes, a 407 visa holder can apply for a 482 Visa if they meet the eligibility criteria for the 482 visa.

Yes, a government organisation can sponsor an individual for a 407 Visa Australia if they are an approved temporary activities sponsor, an Australian Commonwealth institution, or a government agency operating in Australia.

Yes, a 407 visa holder can study in Australia while on the visa as long as the study is related to the occupational training specified in the visa application.

Yes, the 407 visa can be extended if the visa holder meets the eligibility criteria for an extension.

Yes, a health examination is required for a 407 visa application if the visa holder is from a country that is considered to be of higher health risk.